The flexible solution for rating logics
New rating logics and procedures have become necessary due to the emergence of new types of business. PPI has risen to this challenge and has developed a framework called Rating-Flex with which rating logics can be mapped. The product contains open interfaces for supplier systems such as partner and market data.
Thanks to the freely configurable calculating engine, the demands placed on various types of rating can be flexibly met, and new rating methods easily integrated at any time. A further special feature of Rating-Flex is that several rating procedures can be run within one installation; here, various channels and processes are supported.
The rating administrator's user interface not only enables the department responsible to maintain existing rating procedures directly, but also to generate new rating procedures.
The advantages of Rating-Flex are:
- extremely efficient and freely configurable software solution
- no rigid, preset rating procedure
- maintenance of rating procedures possible by the department responsible
- implementation of new rating procedures by the department responsible, thus ensuring quick and cost-effective response
- reduction of cost of ownership and operating costs due to model changes
- admissible platform for use within all aspects of a German Solvency Regulation (SolvV) and Internal Ratings-Based (IRB) approach
Rating-Flex can also be combined with standardised rating procedures. PPI cooperates with the RSU Rating Service Unit GmbH & Co. KG, who offers procedures for performing internal ratings according to Basel II. These procedures cover various sectors like financial institutions or insurance companies as well as project financings.
The RSU has integrated Rating-Flex in its LB-Rating application and offers a complete package for operation and support. LB-Rating is centrally operated as a web application and needs no further installation.